Rules for Submissions
- Please submit one nonfiction piece of poetry up to 6,000 words, or up to three pieces in one document that together do not exceed 6,000 words.
- All work must be submitted for publication consideration through our Submittable form. Please don’t submit work via email or our contact form.
- Simultaneous submissions are encouraged. If your work is accepted elsewhere, it is your responsibility to immediately notify The Nasiona that your work is no longer available for consideration by leaving a note in Submittable.
- Include a cover letter in the cover letter section with your contact information, titles of your submission(s), and bio of no more than 50 words written in the third person.
- Please ensure your name, email, and telephone number are on your attached piece. Ensure the title of your piece is clear, along with word count in the document.
- Please do not number the pages or use headers and footers.
- Double-space the work and use 12-point font Times New Roman.
- Only one space after the period, please.
- Ensure your piece is in .doc or .docx format.
- Work must be original and unpublished.
- Please edit your submissions before sending them in for consideration.
- Include your name as you would like to see it published and the name of your piece (if multiple pieces, then the first piece) in the title.
- Upload author photo as .jpeg or .png format. (Optional.) If we accept your work for publication, we’ll include the image in your bio.
- By submitting to The Nasiona , you are agreeing to be added to our mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Contact nasiona.mail (at) gmail (dot) com if you have any questions.
We are a small, independently owned literary magazine, but promise to read every piece you submit. Given those constraints, however, it may take up to three months to respond. Please do not inquire about your submission.
Contributor Rights and Payment
Contributors retain all rights.
We are currently unable to pay writers for their contributions. However, we do offer a literary lifetime citizenship at The Nasiona. We deem all contributors part of our exclusive community. The Nasiona citizenship includes the following perks:
- A members-only newsletter.
- Editing services discount of 15%.
- Opportunities to network, collaborate, mentor, and learn from each other.
- Promotion of your work, even if published elsewhere, on our website and social media platforms. Keep in touch with us, let us know what you’ve been up to, and, if your going-ons fit our mission, we will update the greater Nasiona community.